Better than paper towels and a lot less expensive, you can buy 1,000 coffee filters at the dollar store for almost nothing.
- Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
- Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome. They’re lint free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
- Protect china by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
- If you break the cork when opening a bottle of wine, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
- Protect a cast iron skillet by placing a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
- Apply shoe polish with a balled-up coffee filter.
- Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
- Weigh chopped food. Place chopped ingredients on a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
- Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
- Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
- Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
- Use strips of coffee filters to wax eyebrows instead of expensive strips.
- Put a few on a plate to drain bacon, fried chicken, french fries, etc.
- Keep in the bathroom to fix razor nicks.
- As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
- Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
- Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs to put in soups and stews.
- Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when adding fluids to your car.
- Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean us small counter spills.
- Hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting up fruit or vegetables. Saves having extra bowls to wash.
- Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
- Use them to remove fingernail polish if you run out of cotton balls.
- Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place into a plastic bag until they sprout.
- Use as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between to coffee filters and put them into the phone book until dried.
- Use a disposable snack bowl for popcorn, chips, etc., especially when traveling.
I always wanted my linen closet to be organized. I hated having the sides stick out and not perfect. Well... now things are different and my linen closet looks perfect. All you have to do is tuck the sheet set inside one of the pillowcases. If you have different size beds you can stack according to size or by the room the sheets belong to.
Don't Waste a Good Wine Cup
Really good christmas idea with a wine cup. Can't wait for the holidays to add a couple of these:
A beutiful flower inside the wine cup with a candle on top. You could do a red or green candle with pine cones inside the wine cup.
If you need wedding decorations how cute would the wine cup be with a candle and a shade. Imagine how cute it would look at night with all the candles on. Love it!!
For a few weeks now I have been looking for something to put on top of my coffee table...after searching everywhere for something not to big...or to small...I decided to make something. Currently in my family room I have a lot of gray (picture to come) and white, so I decided how about adding something red.
Well I found a big...what I call...big martini cup and added some Christmas Pear Ornaments. I took out the little hanging "thing" and made them look like red pears. It was the perfect size and exactly what I was looking for.
My New Love
I don't know about you but I would love to have a little pet chicken. I am only thinking of the positive things for example: cuddling, running after each other, dressing it up, etc. Now the negative I don't even want to think about. For now a girl can only dream about a pet chicken and maybe a pet pig (little one). Love it..
Addicted to Rue La La. For those of you who have not heard of Rue La La it is a By-Invitation-Only Sample Sale site. Click Here on this invitation for immediate access. This link will grant you immediate access to the site. Once you sign up you will be able to go ahead and find awesome deals. FYI - If you just sign up the regular way you will just be put on the waiting list.
Currently I own the Ipad and I am loving it. It's basically just like your laptop but a lot smaller. The only plus is you can download really cool applications that can help you at work, school and just for fun. Soon coming to Verizon.Yeeeeeaaaah!
My Favorite...Hi Guys I received a Hale Bob Scarf for Christmas from my mother-in-law and let me tell you that it is so so so cute. It is 100% silk and I get so many compliments on it. Check it out you will love it!
My Favorite...I love love love Urban Decay's Primer Potion. If you have oily eye lids and your eyeliner does not stay where it should, you must try this product! I use it everytime I put on my eyeshadow and my eyeliner. Trust me it makes a big difference